Thursday 29 November 2012

Metallic Christmas Trees


Busy, busy week so it was nice to get some time to craft yesterday and add another Christmas card to the stash.

I used the colour challenge set by Dynamic Duos - Navy & Silver, and have kept it fairly simple.  The trees have been cut from a coke can, using a Cuttlebug folder, it's a great way to add metal to your cards, but a word of warning I have in the past broken a good sturdy punch trying to do this, and so would only recommend you do it on a Big Shot or other die-cutting machine. I've added some stickles glitter to the snow line as they also wanted "Bling" - so hope it's blingy enough!

Here's the details:

Cardstock - SU Night of Navy; Whisper White
Ink - SU Night of Navy
Sentiment - don't know sorry, an old clear stamp from my stash

I'm also entering this card into the challenge at Less is More, which this week is Glamour & Glitz.

Thanks for popping in

Jan x

10 comments:

  1. great idea to recycle the can Jan!!

    thanks for joining us

    Jen xx
    "Less Is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great idea for using a can in your big shot! Love the ripped snow background! Thanks for playing along with Dynamic Duos this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Trendy trees, what a great idea to use the can!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your "up-cycled" card! Super fun CAS card. Thanks for playing with the Dynamic Duos.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love those metal trees, Jan! The sparkly accent on the snow was a perfect finishing touch, too. Thanks so much for joining us this week at Dynamic Duos! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Clever! Thanks for joining us at Dynamic Duos!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is such a clever design Jan and fab for some quick Christmas cards, the metallic looks ace :) Donna ♥ x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, I'm with Donna! Love, love, love. X

    ReplyDelete
  9. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Maybe I can spell this time around! Lovely card, love the shimmer the can and the stickles give!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love to read them & it's so nice to know you called by for a visit. If you like what you see I'd be thrilled if you become a follower of my blog

Jan x