Saturday 17 November 2012

Butterflies and Snowflakes

Here's two cards I made last night, I don't really have a decent light source in the house to take photos so any cards made after about 3pm have to wait until the following day to be photographed in my porch as the natural light is good in there, but it's freezing so I can't hang about!


The first card is another using the Memory Box die, I really, really love this die and think it will be featuring on quite a few Christmas cards this year.  I've added some sparkly snowflakes, which I've cut out using a Martha Stewart punch and added sparkly embossing powder, which you can't really see in the photo, and the sentiment is cut out on my Cricut (with two teeny embossed snowflakes - a bit fiddly but I felt worth it and I liked the end result).  The cardstock is SU Night of Navy


My second card was a small thank you note, which I think are worth stocking up on in at this time of the year (in the hope of lots of pressies to come!!).  This one's all SU and was quite quick to do as I had the base already stamped and the embossed panel done too.  I have lots of half-done or prepped cards from when I used to run SU classes just waiting to be finished off or added to, so all I had to do was cut out the butterflies on the Big Shot, stamp & punch out the sentiment & flowers and add the ribbon.

The colours used are Sahara Sand, Marina Mist cardstock with Soft Suede ink on the card, and the butterflies are Tangerine Tango, Melon Mambo & Daffodil Delight.

I'm going to enter this card into the Flutter by Wednesday Challenge which this week is Thank You cards with butterflies or fairies on

6 comments:

  1. Found You! Love your blue card and that die is fab............

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Loraine, I just want to keep using it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cards, I love that snowflake die it's amazing.
    xx Vee

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty Thankyou card..love the embossing and lovely big butterfly..

    Thanks for joining in with us at Flutter By Wednesdays..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card. I really like the background texture. Thank you for entering this week's challenge at Flutter By Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful cards! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love to read them & it's so nice to know you called by for a visit. If you like what you see I'd be thrilled if you become a follower of my blog

Jan x