Sunday 25 November 2012

A Christmas Card in Turquoise and Red

My latest Christmas Card is done in a less traditional colour combo of turquoise & red, I used a fab free digi being given away by Fresh Squeezed Stamps to enter their challenge, there was a choice of three colours but I really liked the turquoise with the red one & used that for the rest of the card too. I followed a sketch from The Sweet Stop for their challenge, so having the layout & the colours decided the card came together quite quickly.  I stamped on the four panels and rounded the corners, added a sentiment and the digi and was just about done.  I then took an age trying to decide on an embellishment, I punched out some snowflakes, but they didn't look right and whilst I'm sure I have a small holly punch somewhere, I couldn't find it but then remembered I've got a Cricut cartridge with holly on it, so dug that out & finished off the card with some holly. I've got a friend who loves Cross Stitch so I've earmarked this card for her.



Products used:
Stamp Sets (all Stampin' Up!) - Confetti; Serene Snowflakes; Silent Night; Sparkly & Bright
Card Stock (all SU!) - Tempting Turquoise; Real Red; Very Vanilla
Cricut cartridge - Winter Wonderland

Challenges:
The Sweet Stop - Sketch
Fresh Squeezed Stamps - Christmas (must use an FSS image) 

Thanks for popping in

 Jan x

5 comments:

  1. I love your card, the colours are perfect. Welcome back

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty Jan. Love the hook and the greeting... the different images look great on the backgground squares. Thank you for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty Christmas card! Thanks for playing along with us at The Sweet Stop this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Jan! I love how you used our Fresh Squeezed Stamps digi image and those colors are gorgeous -- very pretty all around. Glad you decided to enter our Squeeze-A-Palooza Challenge...hope we see you around more often! :-)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave me a comment as I love to read them & it's so nice to know you called by for a visit. If you like what you see I'd be thrilled if you become a follower of my blog

Jan x